A foot massage is an important soothing and pain-relieving method for individuals who stand on their feet all day, who have feet ailments or those who want to feel relaxed or relieved after a stressful week. Foot massages help to alleviate, relieve pressure and pain.
There are different types of foot massagers in the market today. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some massagers are manufactured majorly for some particular ailments. Foot massagers are manufactured in different styles, varieties of techniques, pressure, and movements.
The Best Foot Massager Reviewed
|Our Top Pick||MedMessager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager|
|Our Alternative Pick||Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager|
|Best Budget Option||Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager|
Our Top Pick: MedMessager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
Our Top Pick
The MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager is the most powerful and high-tech electric device made available to the public without the need for a license for purchase.
It was initially designed specifically for therapeutic and clinical use before it was made available for home use. The massager is highly beneficial and offers a soothing and therapeutic experience for those who spend a lot of time on their feet or experience intense foot pain.
It is particularly recommended for patients with diabetes and neuropathy to help stimulate blood circulation, ease muscle tension and alleviate joint pain and swelling in the feet. It is certified and approved by the CSA for safety and reliability and the FDA for therapeutic use. With its ergonomic shape, the MedMassager uses the optimal angle to identify pressure points thus, providing maximum comfort during the massage. The MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager is easy to set up and operate. It doesn’t take up too much space either
The MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager is a user-friendly machine. Furthermore, it allows users create customized massaging effect according to their needs with its full-sized oscillating foot pad along with an arch-bar and a pressure point targeting surface.
Every part of the machine serves important function. For instance, the foot pad specifically stimulates the circulation in the feet while the vibrations from the machine helps to promote healthy blood flow and ease pain.
The machine comes with 11 different speed options from 1,000rpm to 3,700rpm. You can adjust the rotations per minute depending on your needs. You can also reduce the speed for a low-impact soothing experience or increase it a few levels for deeper relaxation.
What We Like:
- Warranty |The foot massager comes with a one-year full replacement against defects and failure. An optional lifetime replacement service can also be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- Certification |The MedMaassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager has been FDA approved for therapeutic purposes and CSA approved massager for its durability.
Things to Consider
- Budget| The MedMaassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager is an expensive foot massager. Although the quality of the massager and its amazing features justifies the prices.
- Preference |If all you need in a foot massager is just basic massaging effects, then the MedMaassager will be a bit too much and too expensive for your needs. You can certainly go for other massagers with minimal features.
Check the latest price on Amazon.
Our Alternative Pick: Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
Our Alternative Pick
The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager is a winner because of its advanced and high-tech features. It is an electric machine that takes into consideration the different heat sensitivity and preference of its users with its optional heat setting for added comfort and relaxation.
The massager has two independent foot chambers and two washable cloth covers which provide soothing shiatsu massage relief to the bottom and sides of the user’s feet. The two cloth coverings are removable and washable for hygiene purposes.
It also has control buttons on the machine to regulate its functionality. You can choose between deep kneading or soothing natural vibrations and adjust the strength and heat to suit your needs. The natural vibrations have five levels of pressure, adjustable with the + and – buttons on the machine or with the remotes. Thus, allowing users create their own customized massage setting. With its gentle air pressure, tension is relieved in the feet.
The machine is easy to set up and its operation smooth. Additionally, the foot compartment expands and contracts around your toes, creating a squeezing sensation that mimics the technique an actual massage therapist would use.
The machine also has two wireless remotes for each foot chamber to control the intensity of the heat or other modes. The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager is a portable massager that can be moved easily from one place to another or easily kept in a closet without any hassle.
What We Like:
- Value | The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager offers the buyer excellent and almost all-encompassing value for their money. The quality if the massager justifies the price.
- Warranty | The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager offers the buyer a one-year warranty on the massager.
Things to Consider
- Budget | The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager does not come at a cheap price. Before buying the massager, it is advised that you consider if the Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager is within your budget range. If not, then you can go for other products within your budget.
Check the latest price on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager
Best Budget Option
The Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager is an electric quality massager that offers incredible foot massaging features at a budget friendly price.
It is one of the most affordable foot massagers in the market. With its dual foot-beds and Six massage heads – three on each footpad that are in constant motion, the device relieves tension. stimulate blood flow, relieve stress, reduce the effects of edema and alleviate symptoms of PMS and menopause.
The device is also user friendly because it has a large button for controls which can be operated with the toe thus, saving the user the stress of bending every now and then to control the device.
The device has an in-built heat function which mostly comes in handy after a cold stroll or walk to warm the feet. This heat function can also be switched off at any point in time depending on the preference of the user.
With less than 8 pounds, the Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager is a light and portable device that can be easily stored and carried around. The device has eight adjustable feet on the bottom which allows the user adjust or customize the height of the massager and for balancing on uneven floors.
The device has an ergonomic designed to fit the curve of your feet. It employs 18 deep kneading nodes combined with heat to ease soreness and improve blood flow.
What We Like:
- Budget-Friendly | The device is neither expensive nor cheap. It has a lot of quality features
- Heated Foot massager |In spite of its average price, the Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager still offers heating features for warm sensations to improve blood circulation for your cold feet.
- Warranty | The Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager offers a one-year warranty feature against any defect.
Check the latest price on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of foot massagers?
With the different types of massager in the market, selecting an appropriate foot massager can be a daunting task. The following are the main types of massagers:
- Manual massagers: they are generally cheap and they function manually. They usually have a ball or balls that you roll over your foot while some others have multiple rollers for the entire foot bottom. They are made of wooden or plastic materials
- Electric massagers: they are powered by electricity. They usually have massaging features such as heating, kneading, vibration, oscillation of rolling heads, etc. They offer quality and soothing relief to the feet. They are relatively expensive depending on the model and the features embedded in the massager.
- Foot spa: they are water foot massagers that use water bubbles, heat, vibration, light and water jets to massage and ease away pain from the feet.
- Shiatsu massagers: these massagers stimulate the Japanese kneading method by employing vibrators, rotating heads and heating elements.
- Infrared massagers: they use infrared massagers to massage the foot and calf.
What are the benefits of foot massage?
For individuals who are regularly on their feet or have foot ailments, having a regular or daily foot massage can ease their pain and make life easier. Foot massages help to alleviate, relieve pressure and pain. A foot massager imitates the manner in which therapists massage the various pressure points, nerve points, arches and corners of the feet to give a soothing relief.
What are the Factors to consider before purchasing a foot massager?
- Portability: the size of the massager you are buying will be dependent on your need or use of it. If you want a massager you can fit into your bag, then you can consider an open design massager.
- Budget: before purchasing a foot massager, you need to consider your financial pocket. This is a determining factor in the type of foot massager to pick. You can go for the massagers that fall in between the cheap and expensive price range. That way, you have a taste from both worlds.
- Feet Size: The size of the feet area will determine who can use a foot massager. Generally, most foot massagers are designed to fit most users. However, some foot massagers models are built to accommodate users who have up to 14 feet size. While others can’t accommodate more than size 12. It is advised that people with small feet should avoid buying foot massagers that can accommodate large feet up to size 14. This is because some massage head or nods can miss touching your feet during the massage process.
- Remote controls: if you want to sit back, relax and enjoy your massage without having to adjust the settings on the massager, then you can purchase massagers with remote control. That way, you can adjust the settings without having to bend all the time.
- Stability: check the underneath of your massager to confirm if it has rubber feet or adjustable feet that prevents the massager from slipping or shifting during use.
- Speed controls: purchasing a foot massager with speed control allows you to control the speed at which your massager operates. Users who are new to using a foot massager can regulate the speed of the massager to get accustomed to the speed level that eases their pain away without being too intense on their feet.
- Heat setting: you can also decide to purchase a massager with a heat setting because heat has an incredible effect on pain. The feet are sensitive to warmth thus, it aids muscle relaxation and soothing the whole body.
Do foot masagers really work?
Many people find that not only do foot massagers help to relieve their aching feet, they also actually make your feet feel nice and rejuvenated due to the relaxing massaging effect.
Other Worthy Mentions
The portable and easy to operate Nekteck foot massager has 6 massage heads with 18 rotating massage nodes. Thus, relaxing the muscles, easing tensions and regulating blood flows. The heating function reduces foot pain and can be turned on and off if you don’t like its function. The 3 levels of height adjustment allow the user select a comfortable height without stressing his back or having to arch.
- Adjustable height
- Heat setting
The Arealer shaiatsu foot massager is an electric massager that is so light weighed and easy to move around. The massager has airbags, big rollers, and small massage heads to provide different massage techniques such as shiatsu, scraping, rolling and kneading. It also has an auto-off sensor which switches off after a long period of inactivity. It also allows users to create customized settings based on their needs.
- Different massaging techniques.
- Auto-off sensor.
- Heat setting.
- Remote control.
It offers its users a deep kneading shiatsu massage at the optimum comfort angle with an easily adjustable bar. It also has a 5’’ wide foot/calf area and an 11’’ long open-toed with air pressure cuffs deflated -fitting most foot sizes for men and women. Thru massager has multiple settings to regulate heat, air compression pressure and vibration for pain relief to your feet, legs, calves, toes, and ankles according to your needs.
- Dual massage